- Sequencing the genome of Antarctic Krill.
- The extent and timing of sea-ice around Antarctica and its relationship with benthic communities.
- Developing the use of mosses as sentinels of climate change in Antarctica.
- Genomic mapping of moss populations on Windmill Islands off Australia's Casey station.
- Management and protection of terrestrial and near-shore biodiversity.
This seems like a great opportunity for a researcher with interests in these areas. Apply here. Aside from that, it was nice that in announcing the fellowship, Peter Garrett referenced Australia's leadership in helping beat back plans to regulate mining in Antarctica.